What is the function of a oil & gas refinery?
The oil & gas refinery is a production facility comprised of multiple processing units that convert raw materials into valuable products.
To protect the integrity of these processing units and avoid product loss, corrosion must be controlled.
TYPES AND CAUSES OF CORROSION IN VARIOUS UNITS
TEMPERATURE INDUCED CORROSION IN EQUIPMENTS & STRUCTURES
Corrosion in refineries and petrochemical units can be classified into the following groups:
- Low temperature (T < 100 °C) corrosion in the presence of electrolytes, usually aqueous solutions of electrolytes and water, such as dissolved corrosive gases (H2S, HCl, and NH3), or dissolved salts (NaCl and Na2SO4);
- High temperature (T > 200 °C) corrosion by non-electrolytes (usually gaseous H2 and H2S, NA corrosion, oxidation by oxygen in furnaces, hot ash corrosion);
- Intermediate temperature (100 °C < T < 200 °C) corrosion which can occur either in the presence of electrolytes or non-electrolytes depending on substances and conditions;
- Corrosion in natural environments: soil, atmosphere, and natural waters as a result of constructions and equipment at oil refineries and petrochemical plants coming into contact with them;
- Specific corrosion phenomena: corrosion under thermal insulation, acid dew point corrosion, steam condensate corrosion, and boiler feed water corrosion.
Demech chemical products private ltd. is present in oil & gas refineries
providing value added services in the field of corrosion management. To know more please visit our website www.demechchemical.com or call @ 9800481901/02040775500 or email us on email@example.com or https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sources-corrosion-refineries-demech-chemical/?trackingId=FOqkWPaYS6K8%2BHA%2BDkaopA%3D%3D